Monday, July 27, 2015

Storify - a Tool to Organize Even My Stream of Consciousness

“How puzzling all these changes are! I'm never sure what I'm going to be, from one minute to another.” 
― Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland

I just found my new best friend, Storify!

Storify is a way to aggregate multiple social media sources into one stream.  I had seen other people publish from Storify to Twitter and such, but I hadn't tried it myself.  Then as I was checking my twitter feed, I came across the best explanation of the inflation after the big bang I had ever heard.  This was something my students struggle with, and I wanted to preserve the stream of tweets to share with them in my astronomy course.

Storify was very easy to use! I logged into it with my Twitter log in, create a new Storify, searched twitter for the person whose tweets I wanted to save, and then just started to drag and drop them into the stream.

This is what I came up with: CMB, the Big Bang, and Inflation

Turns out google has an extension to help you Storify, so I've installed that as well.  I'm going to try storifying some of the social media posts about Pluto next.

But first, back to grading astronomy and physics blogs...

No comments:

Post a Comment